Wednesday 1 June 2011

Hello!

Just thought I would post a little introduction post so to speak, just to tell you a little bit about me. As you have probably guessed, I am a complete and utter bookworm. Reading is the only way I can make sense of the world; I find that if I am confused or hurting or alone, the only way I can feel better is by joining the heroes and heroines of my favorite books. As a result of this, I live in my own little world, a world full of epic adventures, daring romances, mysteries, fairies, vampires...you get my drift.
I believe that reading is one of the most important things in lives. In books you can find all the lessons you need to learn in life, you learn what is probably the most important life skill of empathy. You allow yourself the pleasure of letting your imagination run wild, and you learn most importantly that at one point or another there was someone who was going through exactly what you were. In this way, I find that my agony aunts have become authors such as the Bronte Sisters, Jane Austen, Cecelia Ahern and so many others, who wrote in their books of all the problems and emotions I seem to come across.
There are also so many lessons to be learnt about the future, and the possibilities it holds, with books such as Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and 1984 by George Orwell - books that make you think about what is right and ethical, what could possibly go wrong - undoubtedly skills we will always need.
I have never been happier than when I am reading; I am the kind of person who will sob her heart out when a character dies, who will throw her book across the room and refuse to read it when something horrible happens, who gets so sucked in that I feel every emotion the character feels. That is why reading is so amazing, I find myself one minute in the shoes of a poor orphan being mistreated and abused, and the next in the shoes of a savage man struggling to fit in anywhere, and feeling so completely alone.
So, in this blog I intend to write about what I have learnt from the different books I have read. I don't particularly mind if no-one reads it or cares about it, because this is something for me, to go over what I have learnt, and if you wish to share in that, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment